Sunday, July 2, 2017

Home Decor and a Card

Well as we relaxed this weekend, watched DH grill up some yummy hamburgers, I also got a few new things completed for the house.  After I share about the card see the video at the end for the other projects.

I am down to two boxes...a closet that still needs to be organized...but why work on that stuff, when there are some fun things to do.. 😜

First off I will start with my card to the right here.  I had out some 12 x 12 patterned paper from an older Recollections paper pad in order to work on a sunglasses holder for my son's room.  I liked this pattern because it was masculine.  You can see that project in the full video below.

With the left overs I decided to go ahead and make a couple  of masculine cards.  I never seem to have enough of these in my stash.  I will be honest it still seems a bit busy, but I still like it.  I think in hindsight I would a bit more black to help ground it.

I added some polka dot orange washi that I was gifted in a swap.  I had some orange brads in just the same shade so that worked well.  

The stamps came from two sets.  The scalloped wreath is from Papertrey Ink's Tag It #1 and it is stamped in Tangelo Twist from Stampin Up!  In Momento Tuxedo Black I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from the same PTI set as well as the cute chick from Lawn Fawn's Party Animal set.

I thought about coloring the chick, but in the end decided not to.  I used Simon's Says Stamp stitched circle to cut out the image.  This I popped up on a scalloped circle die cut from some Recollections khaki paper.   The scalloped circle die is an old Spellbinders nesting set.

This didn't take too long.  Now I have some birthday cards for those men folk in my life.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Papery July Challenge found here.   

Crafty Creations Challenge #344, Anything Goes found here.

To see the other things I have been up to see the video below.



2 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cool design. I love the layout here and the great masculine patterned paper. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned paper challenge! Have a really great day!
Heidi, Design Team

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such pretty card..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal