Thursday, January 25, 2018

Hello

Hey crafty friends.  I have the first 2018 Creative Fingers Design Team project for you.  This was really fun to create.

I started out with a circle base I created with my Cricut by just find a circle card base as part of the access membership (M4CF62) to design space.  I then knew I wanted a circle scallop to layer on top.  That I also found in Design Space (M42D67).  The main image was cut out using the print and cut feature.  The cute girl is from Prettygrafikdesign.  If you want to see the group of digital stamps this cutie came from just go here.

I made the base into an easel card.  To add a bit of color, I added some distress ink in Spun Sugar.  I used a light hand in applying it so it would be soft.   

Then the layering began.  I used a doily die, snowflake dies, a stitched circle, two stitched hearts in patterned paper, a banner die.  At the bottom of the stitched circle I added layers of lace and ribbon.

To hold up the easel, I added layers of dies again, banners in two patterned papers, a snowflake, on a frame die, with the sentiment Hello.  I also added a couple of gems for a bit of bling.

I have been turning to this layering of dies and trims recently. Though I still tend to make more clean and simple cards most of the time, I am loving this shabby chic cards as well.

I hope you find inspiration in this and get in your crafty stash to play around today too!


No comments: