Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hoping for blog candy...

OK...I am entering my first contest for some blog candy from here. I love this blog. You need to check it out. I am still new to all this entering contests by using my blog. So here it goes...LOL. The contest basically is sending at least one card preferably a birthday or all occasion card to Julie Carlisle {afancycat on SCS} who works in the International Student Services Department at Dallas Baptist University {DBU}. They have students from over 50 countries at the University that they give cards to. So, I am providing a card for this cause which is wonderful to be apart of. I also, may win lots of goodies. You need to look at the list of the blog candy because it is an amazing giveaway. People like Flourishes, Gina K Designs, and The Cat's Pajamas are just a sampling of those who have contributed to the goodies.

So about this card. This card starts off with mint green cardstock. I used my cricut to make some circles. The pp of course I don't know who made, I know it was from some of those big pads of paper from Michael's that I got years ago. The cupcake image is stamped on a velum circle tag. The cupcake image is by inkadinkado and stamped in permanent black ink. I colored the cupcake with pencils on the back of the image to make it nice and muted. I then cut a white piece of cardstock and stamped the sentiment from the same set by inkadinkado using basic black ink by Ranger's Adirondack collection. I tied a simple white ribbon around the bottom and I was done.

I hope this card finds it's way in a person's life that will just bring a smile to their face. That is the best feeling knowing you are helping to make a person's day. If you read this blog join in yourself. Julie will appreciate it.

No comments: