Friday, October 31, 2014

Mojo Layers....with Butterflies

 HI papercrafters!  Today I have a card that is a combo of two challenges.  I am using the Mojo Monday's #369 sketch combined with Craft Hoarders Anonymous' #18 Layer it Challenge!

I think the thing that excites me the most is I did use some of my stash.....which I need to use more often.  

I have one tote full of cardstock and patterned paper scraps that I just can't throw out.  I love to challenge myself every once in a while to go there and just use up some of those scraps.   That is exactly what I did with this card.

I had some of those butterflies I had stamped while making this card left.  Those butterflies are by Studio G and stamped with Tim Holtz's distress inks in picked raspberry and peacock feathers.  The top version of the butterfly is just off stamped using the peacock feathers ink.  These were all punched out using a 1 1/2 inch circle punch.

I used the layout from Mojo Monday to come up with the layout of the card.  I layered those butterflies on some scraps of printed vellum I had in my tote and then those all went on a chevron patterned paper from my Recollections Tattered and Worn collection ( also found in the tote).  The chevron paper I used a We R Memory Keepers border punch to create a border.

All the butterflies I put adhesive on to put in place but also punched a hole to add the gold brads.  I also "layered" my American Crafts ribbon and Recollections twine.

So I am entering this card in two challenges:

http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2014/10/mojo-monday-369.html

and

http://www.gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/10/guest-designers-challenge-18.html


5 comments:

lost coast scrapper said...

So pretty, love the colors and layers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

samanthadesigns said...

Thanks I needed to use those hoarded supplies and now I have found the challenge site to help me do just that.

Glenda said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful love the punched edges!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love those butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!