Sunday, July 26, 2015

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Thanks to another great Mojo Moday Sketch...I have another card for you today.

This card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  It is a side opening card full of lemony goodness.

First I knew I wanted to have a sliced lemons, maybe a whole lemon....and a glass of lemonade.  So I went on a mission to find what I wanted. I found a set of Digital Stamps with the images I wanted from wwwlemonselfstudio.com.  They had the perfect images  including a lemonade stand.  

Then I chose the lemon slice, the whole lemon and a glass of lemonade for my cards in design space on my cricut.  I sized them where I wanted and did the print/cut feature.  My glass wasn't cutting the way I wanted so I had to nix that image for the card.  I did however, break out my Lawn Fawn milk and cookies set.  I stamped the glass and straw. I then got out my new Copic set of 24 to color the image.  Using Copics is new to me...I know where have I been? Under a rock? 

I just have never dived in the Copic pool.  But I did it.  Lots of practice still needed, but you have to begin somewhere.

This glass of lemonade is on a white panel of cardstock cut out using my Memory box cross stitched dies.  To this I added the lemon, lemon slice, and a gold sequin. 

I had a big empty space at the top.  I wanted to add a sentiment but had already die cut the panel.  So I went back to design space and found the sentiment.  It was to be a cut out but I turned it into writing.  Using my black fine tip Cricut marker I had it written and cut out on a square.  I used the tip to color the square yellow to give some definition.

The background I used black Recollections cardstock with an orange/yellow panel at the bottom.  The yellow trim is Bazzill cardstock die cut with a Sizzix border die.

As usual I loved using the sketch as a begin point to see where I would end up.

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!