Sunday, December 17, 2017

Masculine Card Inspiration

I hope you are have had a wonderful week and weekend.  Today I wanted to share with you a card I made some time ago.  I love it's simplicity, but I also love the fact it is something you could replicate to give a thinking of you card to a man in your life.

I know these can be the hardest cards to make.  This one came together just as I was playing around.

The idea started with gears.  I always think of the men in my life when I think of anything to do with tinkering, fixing things.  Then one day I was playing with the stencils I made using my Cricut.  I spread some black paste on this bright green cardstock to see how well the stencils worked.  They worked perfectly.

Since I had this paper with the paste on it.  I added the gears I had cut with the Cricut.  The gears were a free svg file I found.  I did add a bit of purple washi at the bottom.  All of this was then added to kraft cardstock base.

Finally, I needed a sentiment.  I found this quote from 'Dead Poet's Society'.  I thought it was perfect.  The quote I put on white cardstock, and again let my Cricut to the work.  The Cricut is what wrote the quote for me.  I die cut the sentiment with a Papertrey die.  Neuvo drops in gray added the finishing touch.

I hope this card inspires you to find things in your stash to make those men in your life a card.  They like home made things too.  (Especially, if papercrafting is your hobby...they have a good idea how much you spend so they know it's special).  😉

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge:  Anything Goes found here.

Not Just Cards Challenge:  Anything Goes found here.


No comments: