Saturday, December 29, 2018

Using Up Scraps

I am striking while the iron is hot!  Here is a video I shot today.  I focused on a method to help make cards using up all those scraps of patterned paper we have laying around.  Enjoy!


 I used some scraps of patterned paper from projects I worked on prior to the holiday.  I am trying my best to work through a 12 x 12 patterned paper pack from Recollections. I used Lawn Fawn Stamp for the sentiment paired along with a Papertrey Ink Die on this one.

Here is another card weaving paper like the first example but making the weave much tighter. I decided to put this weave behind a die cut heart.  I then added on the sentiment along with sequins by Lucy's Cards.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting the scrap cards. I am also trying to use up the same 12x12 pad, and it's proven difficult. Your cards have given me great ideas on grounding the really loud patterns, cutting them into smaller elements, and incorporating them into the card design. Love the scrap card ideas.

samanthadesigns said...

Thank you so much Jan. I plan on having some more ideas for you in the coming weeks. Please consider subscribing here or on my Youtube channel so you won't miss anything.