Saturday, February 2, 2019

Be Mine Shaker

I finally did it!  I tried using vinyl on cardstock.  I love the results.  So, I have to thank Melody Lane and her followers for the encouragement and tips to make transferring vinyl to cardstock not so scary. Now if you are not familiar with Melody lane you can find her Facebook Page hereAlso, I encourage you to follow her YouTube channel found hereI really get great ideas, encouragement, and learn so many things by watching this fellow crafter's tutorials.

So I started this card with the designs I had already created design space.  See the next post down to see that.  In case you missed it and want to use the project and you have Cricut Design Space you can click on this link.

After I cut out the card front from white cardstock.  I cut out the BeMine outline with pink vinyl.

As I mention in the video at the bottom of the post.  I got so engrossed with making the shaker card I forgot I wanted to decorate the card front with stamping.  So before I closed in all the shaker elements I decided to add some cute heart washi layered with gold triangle washi.  For the shaker bits I used a few purple sequins...and not too many like usually do.  I also added some tiny white beads. These are perfect because it helps keep the sequins moving.

I hope you will give the card a try or perhaps another shaker card.

I am entering this card in the Just Us Girls Challenge :

If you want to see other cards in this challenge then head on over to Just Us Girls.
See ya soon!



Join me on social media: Blog: samanthadesigns.blogspot.com Pinterest: Samantha designs Facebook Page: @SamanthadesignsPapercrafts Twitter: @Samanthadesign2 Instagram: @Samanthadesigns2


1 comment:

Lisa Kind said...

So cool to hear of other techniques for making cards. This is a very pretty card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!