Friday, March 25, 2011

Bundle of Joy


I have a couple of co-workers that are expecting. I decided that was enough to get out some stamps to get ready. Will this be the one of the cards I give? Nope! Another co-worker has already bought it. Maybe she'll give it away. That would be great.
On to the card. The main image is one that was given to me years ago by my nephew Zach. Didn't he do a great job picking this out? I colored the diaper simply with pink markers. I then layered it with pink paper and the striped paper in the background. For interest I added a strip of embossed flower paper. For the Sentiment I used Studio G on some vellum. Colored the joy section with pink markers from the backside to make it a bit more muted. I covered the glue dots with a bit of bling stickers. It's simple. But it was fun to make.
The ink is Staz on. Got a bit of a smudge at the top, but doesn't that make it clear it was hand stamped... :) Next time got to remember this stamp does that so I won't get a smudge.
Anyway, time for bed and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

AWWW how cute, LOVE the added embossing and that baby is just tooooo adorable!! fabulous card Samantha!!!