Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not always about stamping, right?




Ok, so it really is all about stamping. Every card I make has to have something stamped somewhere. It's a sickness I pretty sure, but it works for me.
This card is inspired by a scrapbook page I saw in Scrapbooks Etc. Feb 2011 issue. The scrapbook page uses a quilted heart to simulate a heart necklace the girl in the pictures is wearing. Well, I knew I didn't want to make a Valentine's card with a quilted looking heart. But, I did want to replicate the idea, so I took out my trusty Spellbinders Nestablities Labels 8 Die and cut it. I then scored the shape using my bone folder and paper cutter. I don't have a Score Buddy, (I think that is what they are called), so I used my "old" tools. I then put a flower with a little bling in each section.
Behind this I place some pp from my stash, Stamped some stitches using a Stampendous stamp set. Finally the sentiment is by Studio G. The black ink is from Ranger's Adirondak line and called Pitch Black.
It turned out pretty good. The "quilting" isn't even, but I can live with that.
So, my challenge to you is find something in a magazine that gives you a great idea. Then go for it!

No comments: