Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Tux...for that Special Man

So, I've been seeing these cool cards that look like men's suits, shirts, and tuxes.  I have to say I was intrigued.  They looked simple.  
Also when I saw them, I instantly thought of several uses for such cards.  The one I made I am going to use for an Anniversary card for my husband.  It has such class.  It just has to be used for a special occasion.

I started out with a 5 1/2 x 6 inch base by Recollections.  I then covered that with a Black piece of cardstock in those exact measurements.  I then made the pleats with white cardstock.  I did score them on each end to make it look a bit more like the pleats on the white tux shirt.  For the buttons I hole punched 3 circles out of black cardstock.  I then rounded them out on foam with at dry erasing stylus.  This makes them pop up and look like buttons.  Then to make them shiny I added Ranger glossy accents.  I just added a bit on top and then let them dry.  I attached them to the pleats with a glue dot.  The bow I made using my Cricut Explore in red cardstock.

Not a very hard card and now that I have the hang of it I could mass produce this.  Not that i could think of an occasion I would need that many of this type of card.  But it would be fun to give out to grooms, maybe your son before his prom, or any other black tie affair that you want to make special.  I am glad this turned out so well.

I am entering this in The Craft your Passion Challenge Blog # 259:  Anything Goes

1 comment:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

cute card. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon, hugs, Helena