Sunday, May 31, 2015

Birthday Bling

Another great sketch this week from Mojo Monday Blog # 399.  This is their tall and skinny challenge.  

I decided to go with the birthday theme again.  The cake image is a digital stamp.  I hate that I did not keep the name of the site where I purchased it.  I can't remember now.  :(

Anyway, I decided to break out my Cricut and do a bit of printing an cutting of the image.  I love the way that machine does such a good job with this.  I regret not doing this on watercolor paper since I decided to watercolor the image.  So unfortunately, the colors are muddied.  I used Stampin' Up's Tempting Turquoise, Rich Raspberry, and Melon Mambo with a water color brush pen to color the image.  Because the colors did get muddy I added some bling to the cake for a bit of pop.  All the gems are from Recollections.  For the flame I added just touch of Daffodil Delight.  Also for a bit of shine I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to cake plate, the flame, and the sash around the cake.

For the layers I turned to my Cricut again to cut out the banners and the scalloped circles.  The blue scallop is out of Pacific Point card stock and the scallop overlay out of Melon Mambo card stock.  The background I used some cream card stock and used my cuttlebug dot folder to dry emboss it.  I sponged the edges of the banner layer and the dotted layer with some pink.  Then added some nice bling to the bottom.

While I was at it, I made a nice envelope with cricut.  I didn't get a picture of it but it is kraft colored with a pink designer liner.  It coordinates well.

No comments: