Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine Fun


I typically put off any upcoming holiday projects until last minute.  Valentine's has proved to be no exception.  Luckily, Valentine's is unlike Christmas cards.  I don't have many to make so I might actually have them done in time for the Holiday.

Here I have made a cute little mailbox for my sweetest Valentine to receive some treats from Mom and Dad.  I got a thumbs up from him (high praise from a 7 year old) and he has placed it in his room for his Valentine's to add some love to.  

I took the design straight from one of my favorite You Tuber's :Maymay Made It.  You can find the tutorial here.  The mailbox opens up with a rectangle box that holds whatever you put in it.  Not sure if you can see it well in the picture but here it is:  


Thanks to all those shapes I cut out with my cricut over the weekend, putting together some cards for my Valentine was pretty easy.

I made a couple of heart shaped cards and a couple of 3 x3 cards.  He will know he has mail when the flag is up.  Take a look at the cards:
 I bought the ninja file from SVG Cutting Files.  I fussy cut him out and added a speech bubble from Cricut Design Space with the sentiment "I get a kick out of you Valentine"
The others are just different shapes I stacked on top of the cards with the sentiments I had my Cricut add.  Nothing too fancy.  I did add a red doily I have from my stash that I bought a pack of a couple of Christmas' ago from Michael's Recollections.

All the cardstock I got out of my stash and is from Recollections from Michael's.  I shop there often.  Can you tell?


No comments: