The inky fun continues. I gave my distress pads another work out using an image from Technique Tuesday which I stamped on white cardstock using StazOn Black. I kept the flowers mostly pink (victorian velvet, spun sugar, and picked rasberry), the stems (pumice stones), and the background (peacock feathers, broken china, and evergreen bough). I pierced the sides of the image and connected with a black Sharpie. This wasn't the cleanest stitched look but I will keep trying.
For the layers, I used a blue checked Recollections background that I distressed with the victorian velvet. Then I layed down a striped lined piece from K&Company's Julianne collection that was distressed along the edges with the same shade. Finally I dry embossed with a cuttlebug folder a strip of white I did some direct to paper coloring with ColorBox's cat's eye in a tan color. (It has the look of suede.)
As a finishing touch, I added a brown button threaded with some off white twine.
The sketch is from Sweet Sunday's Sketch Blog #251.
The Colors are from Cosmic Colours Challenge #9. I am entering my card in both challenges.