Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh Butterfly!

I got a late start last weekend on card making.  Saturday my family and I woke up to more gray foggy skies.  I decided I was tired of that so I suggested going to the beach.  They happily agreed.  That meant my inky time I usually have Saturday night never happened.  Though I didn't get to the cards I had sketched out in my mind, I am perfectly happy with the result...quality time with the family.

So one of the cards I planned used last weeks Mojo Monday sketch #380.  Of course, since I never got this made, I never got it posted either.

I started with stamping a new stamp I purchased from Unity Stamp Co. in their Jan 2014 stamp collection of the month.  It was a beautiful butterfly.  I stamped it in Staz On Brown ink and then used Spun Sugar Distress Ink to add color in a circle around it.  The image I then cut out using my flower nesting dies by Quick Kutz.  I distressed the edges further with Victorian Velvet Distress inks.  After I completed that I spritzed with glimmer mist and set it aside to dry.

My cricut got another work out by cutting out the beautiful butterfly and dragonfly border at the bottom of the card.  This I distressed as well with the Victorian Velvet.

After my butterfly dried I added a layer of Crystal effects to give some dimension and further shimmer.

The background paper is from my Recollections Tattered and Worn collection.  All the other cardstock is Recollections as well.

This was a fun card to make and I am excited to be entering it in the Butterfly Challenge # 22: Butterflies and Brads.


No comments: