Sunday, June 14, 2015

Happy Father's Day

I began the Father's Day card that is going to my father in law with this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch #401.

I began with a piece of watercolor paper that I watercolored with Tempting Tourquoise and Costal Cabana.  I backed the piece with some brown cardstock by Recollections.  I then cut a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 cream colored cardstock and backed that with the same brown cardstock.  I wanted to bring in some other images so I picked that coral colored cardstock to add some contrast.  Finally to mount everything I cut another piece of creme cardstock and made an A2 card.

Then it was time to stamp.  I stamped the boat with Stazon Brown Ink.  I added a background of fishing lures with Versamark ink on the coral cardstock.  All the images are pretty old, I have had them forever and were made by Lasting Impressions.

I realized I did not add my twine I wanted onto the layers, so I punched a hole at the top of the fold line of the card to add the twine and put it in a simple bow.

Finally, I needed the sentiment.  I broke out the cricut for that.  I cut out a starburst from Cricut Office Help in the same brown cardstock.  The circle is just a simple shape I cut out after the Cricut wrote out the sentiment in the baby steps font using the cricut black fine point pen.

All done!  It has already been signed by all and making it's way across the country to my Father in law.  I will be back later in the week with another Father's Day card..hope to see you then.


1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a neat card. Love that twine bow. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!