Sunday, June 28, 2015

For My Friend

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Father's Day weekend.  We did here.  In fact, I don't think I touched a single project last week.  Wait, that is not true.  I did cut a couple of mats for the mini album I am working on.  But that was about it.  So that explains why no posts last week.

This weekend I have made up for it however...getting lots of inky goodness made.

So I wanted to share the card I made as inspired by the CAS(E) this sketch blog's # 129 sketch.    You can see it to the right.  My first attempt of what I wanted to try for this sketch did not turn out at all the way i had invisioned.  But my second attempt I am very happy with.


I took a Hedi Swapp mask and used my ink blending tool to put on some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  On top of that I layered a beautiful washi tape in silver.  I put it just in the corners as a bit of a frame.

I then stamped a butterfly by Unity Stamps in Tempting Turquoise ink by Stampin UP!  This got fussy cut out and popped up on some foam squares.

The sentiment I did in Hello Honey, again by Stampin UP!  The sentiment is from one of my many Studio G stamps.  

I added a single rhinestone by Recollections to the bottom of the Card.

I am entering this into the following:
CAS(E) this sketch Blog Challenge # 129
Creative Fingers Challenge:  As Always Anything Goes #85

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! Great take on the sketch!

Tindaloo said...

Great card and nice details :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo