Sunday, March 19, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Tag Swap

Remember that St. Patrick's Day tag I tore?  I finally get to show you the end result.  Yep, a bit late, but still hopefully worth the stop by.

Here are the tags I sent for my St. Patrick's Day Tag swap.  My partner has received them safe and sound so I can share.

You can see the three tags above. All the cut out images that are print and cut were from Lori Whitlock( the horseshoe, pot of gold and the hat) or Miss Kate's Cuttables (the owl).  The shamrocks, the doily, and the shape with the sentiment on it came straight from Cricut Design Space (part of my subscription).  

So this is the tag I tore.  I cut out the tag and patterned paper to go on top from Cricut design space.  I layered the pieces. I added a border punch along the bottom 3rd of the tag.  Added my print and cuts.  I also stamped the arrow and the sentiment in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  The sentiment came from a set I bought from Unity Stamps.  The arrow was part of a travel set of stamps my sister gave me but I do not know the company.  I then added some hole reinforcers, a large eyelet, and threaded my ribbon through from my stash.  (This is where I tore it and you already know how I fixed it.  If you missed that post you can find it here.)  I did add some clear wink of stella to the horseshoe, gold coins, and the shamrocks to add some glimmer.

This tag I had a blast with.  I got to use some of my favorite toys.  Distress inks and a stencil.  So the stencil here is from Heidi Swapp.  I decided to go with a rainbow look.  I started with broken china, then mustard seed, and finally pickled raspberry.  I just lightly put down some color, then taped on my stencil, adding on more color.  I loved the rainbow look of it.  I then added some glimmer mist to the whole tag.  Who doesn't want shimmer?  I added the cute print and cut owl adding wink of stella to his hat, bow tie, and balloon.  I then added a stamped image of what kind of reminded me of clover to the edges in Lost Lagoon ink.  The sentiment is one of many I created using my computer on wonderful Cricut sticker paper. Again I must tell you how much I love that sticker paper.  It is wonderful.  Hole reinforcers were next with a large silver eyelet.  I added in some twine I got at Christmas from the Target dollar spot. 

Ok, I kept it simple for the last tag.  I know I wanted some type of Irish blessing on the tag because it just seemed like the right thing to add.  I found this sentiment thanks to Pinterest.  I added it to a cut out shape using my Cricut by letting the machine write it all out.  On the tag I added some green glitter tape, a doily cut out and some shamrocks.  I added some bakers  twine along with some more of the green twine...then called it quits.

Now if you have never done a swap.  You typically then also send some extra goodies.  If you want to see what else I sent, you can find it here in my You Tube video.



I am adding these tags to Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge #11-Anything Goes.  Check this challenge out here.


4 comments:

Juls said...

Gorgeous tags, thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Chooseday. Crafty Hugs Julia xx

GalFridayStamping said...

Super cute tags Samantha! Thank you for sharing them with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday. Jane P. DT xx

Majda said...

Beautiful tags you created :-)
Hugs, Majda

Hester said...

Tags are fabulous
Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry
Hester