Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here's a Birdy for you!


I have a confession to make....I do not own one single copic. In fact, I have very few markers of any kind. I know, I know, I am so behind the times. I want some Copic Markers but I haven't found an economical way to add them into my budget. So I stick with what I have. The bird in this cute Studio G stamp is colored with pencils. I have used him before. I think he is so cute! The "ribbon" at the bottom is actually a stamp. I love that set of stamps. If you have ink in the right color you can make your own paper ribbon. The set by Stampendous, also has different buckle stamps you might would use with actual ribbon too! It is a very versatile set. The papers are from my stash along with a bit of black and white cardstock. I added a bit extra at the bottom of my paper ribbon with black paper frills made by doodlebug designs. The only thing I would change is re inking my adirondak pitch black ink pad before I had stamped the buckle. It isn't dark enough for me, but I am still satisfied with the results.
Now the sketch for this I got here. It's a great site and you need to check it out. Jen offers a sketch once a month I believe. Now I am not trying for the grand prize and I haven't uploaded this on her site since I have no stamps by the sponser. But, I enjoy sketch challenges. Hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: