Sunday, February 20, 2011

Live Laugh Love

So, can I tell you how much I love Splitcoast Stampers? Well, I do. You can learn, share, and be inspired all in one site. It's wonderful. Thanks to Splitcoast, this card was born.

Each day of the week they have different challenges and lately the Saturday challenge has inspired me. This time I played along with the Inspired Challenge. More importantly, it is called IC270. Another wonderful thing about these challenges is that you can play without a deadline. I love that! With my busy schedule deadlines are a drag. They issue a challenge each week and it is based on finding something inspiring from the chosen webstore of the week. This card is based on hummingbird feeders from the Uncommon Goods Webstore. They have lots of great things, but when I saw the feeders, I loved the color and the filigree etching. Not to mention they remind me of my mom. She loves hummingbirds and has away of attracting them each summer she puts out a feeder back home in NC. So here's to beautiful birds and my mom.


So, now about the card. I used a white cardstock base and three panels of blue, green, red cardstock. All of this is out of my stash of cardstock that I have no idea where I got what, because I have had it all for years and never kept up with that kind of thing. I promise, whenever I start adding to my cardstock collection from now on I will keep up with who makes what. So, the panels are stamped with various images from Studio G and Autumn Leaves in Vintage Cream ink made by Papertrey Ink. This is one of the few colors they still sell. I am patiently waiting till they come up with a new ink series. Vintage Cream was my first try at their inks before they discontinued them. I hope over this next year they will come out with more. Ok, so the tag I had in my stash and it is stamped with adirondak black ink. The sentiment is made by papertrey ink and can be found in their Filliable Frames #8 collection.


Wow this was a long post, now I have to remember to load my image etc. on Splitcoast Stampers tomorrow. Sunday is the day off for the moderators. Well, Happy Sunday! Make it a blast.

No comments: