Monday, April 27, 2015

A simple sketch...is all you need

This week's card comes thanks to CAS(E) this sketch blog. # 120.  It's such a great sketch.  I just had to try it.



Also I have many cards I need to make.  I can tell with my new job responsibilities, that a stash of Thank You cards is going to be needed.

So this week, I used some Ranger distress inks in scattered straw and mustard seed.  I then added a focal image from Unity Stamps that is a dandelion.  (I used to love blowing dandelion seeds to the wind when I was a kid.  As an adult, I realize, that just make more dandelions in your yard.)  This was stamped in Stampin' Up's calypso coral.

Then for a bit of sparkle I added some Recollections sequins in gold and red.

On the inside a simply stamped Thank You by Unity Stamps in Black Staz On ink.

Simple and quick...my kind of card.

Also folks, I apologize for the poor quality of my photos. Since moving I can't find the right place with good light to get my photos taken.  It is a work in progress.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on the sketch!