Sunday, March 3, 2019

Challenge Fun

Today I just decided to play and see where it led me. It led to two awesome challenges.  Freshly Made Sketches had a simply beautiful sketch to work with.  You can find the challenge here.  But the just look at that sketch.  It was such fun to play with.

Along with the sketch, I found a color palette I thought looked fun to use.  So through another blog, I found this challenge over at Jaded Blossom using this color combo.

I decided to combine the two.  I then created two cards since I had everything out.  The cardstock I used for the background came out of the So-So Sweet 4x6 paper pack by The Paper Studio.  The rest of the paper were scraps out of my bin.  The circles and squares were die cut with stitched dies. I added a simple stamped flower using Distress Oxide Broken China, Stamping Up! Pacific Point and Garden Green.  I stamped a simple sentiment using Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  For a nice simple touch, I added Liquid Mercury Nuvo Crystal drops.  The finished card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I am entering the first card in the two challenges mentioned.

I love how these turned out.  They are simple and look put together without much bulk so these are good ones to send through the mail.  Hope you enjoyed them too.  See ya next time!





16 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Great combination of challenges! Love the modern feel of the colors and design elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

samanthadesigns said...

Thank you Jacquie for stopping by!

Vonmariedesign said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining the Jaded Blossom Color Challenge this month. ~Von Marie~

Linda Callahan said...

I love the sweet simple flower! Very pretty cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a great set of cards! Love the colours and those sweet little blue flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

samanthadesigns said...

Thank you for all the positive comments. It made my day!

Cindy Beland said...

FANTASTIC card, Thank you for joining the Jaded Blossom Color Challenge this month!!!

Candace Pelfrey said...

Wow so pretty! And fantastic layout. Thanks so much for playing along with Jaded Blossom!
~Candace
JB Owner

Michelle said...

Very pretty !! Thanks so much for joining in the Jaded Blossom Challenge this month!

Michelle ~ JB Owner

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is such a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us this month for the Jaded Blossom challenge!

teachdanz said...

Pretty card!! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom monthly challenge this month!!

Tina H said...

How pretty! Thanks for joining the monthly challenge at Jaded Blossom! Have a great day :)

GiGi said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Jaded Blossom!!! Hugs...Lee-Ann :)

candio said...

Super pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the Jaded Blossom Challenge!!

Melissa said...

Love the design! Thanks for playing at Jaded Blossom.