Friday, December 31, 2021

CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: January Design Team Project


 This month I wanted to make a more masculine feeling card.  I turned to my patterned paper pad that I have had quite a long time in my stash by Recollections.  Unfortunately, the paper pad does not have a name, but it has tans and browns in its pallet.  I love it.  It is my go-to when creating a masculine card.  To see the pad up close check out the coordinating video of my making this card here.  The card was inspired by a card I pinned on Pinterest.  It is not the same but close.  The card is 4 ¼ x 5 ½.  The background piece I cut out using a scalloped edged die, then dry embossed with an embossing folder that to me looks like the pattern you see on some metal pieces.  I distressed this a bit with some black soot distress oxide.  Layered on that is a piece of patterned paper and it has a double stitched edge thanks to another die in my stash.  I then added on three smaller pieces from the pad.  The sentiment brought it together.  The strip is from a pack I got from Alli Express called Junk Journal Sentiment Stickers.  The Relax and Enjoy I made on Cricut Design Space using my Cricut Explore to cut it out of white cardstock.

 

This was a pretty simple card.  I am glad I took the time to do it as my stash of masculine themed cards was looking slim.  I think I need to make a few more.  Hope you were inspired!

No comments: