Sunday, March 15, 2009

Whew! It's been a while.

Sorry, it has been awhile. We have had major life changing events that have happened in our household that has definitely changed things. Basically, my husband and I are expecting twins. It's amazing, something we thought wasn't going to happen, and it has. Not only to be pregnant, but to be expecting two has been an amazing joyous thought. We are still trying to wrap our minds around this news. As you can probably guess, there has not been a lot of stamping or scrap booking going on here. We just sit and look at each other in wonder. :)
Finally, this weekend, I have had the time, the energy, and the ideas. For this card I was inspired by Kwernerdesignblog's color challenge. The idea was to use black, white, and gray. I cheated a bit and added some silver embossing powder in the popped up flower. I used a stamp that was plain journaling lines (by Hampton Arts) to make the stripes at the bottom of the card with a Versamark pad. I saw this idea on another blog and loved the idea. I used the swirl cuttlebug folder on the gray panel and then used Ranger's Pitch Black from their Adirondak line to make the swirls pop a bit more. I made this card to send to my friend to let her know of our news. I hope she likes it.

No comments: