Saturday, June 22, 2013

Butterfly Notecards

http://mailebelles.blogspot.com/2012/04/framed-out-3-and-trendy-tree-tops-day-4.html

Check out the above website for my inspiration for today's post.

Today I wanted to make a simple notecard set.
  I decided to use my sizzix butterfly die to accomplish this.
Sad, but true story, this die gets little use.
  Now I have a 4 yr old and find I have to create in stages.
So, a few days ago I used my big shot to cut out the butterflies. 
 I used some bright colored Reflections cardstock
I picked up on sale at Micheal's.
  I also cut the Polk a dot paper in strips to prepare as well.  
This morning I put my first card together and saw it 
wasn't coming together as I wanted. (Picture 1)
But after rounding the corners, using a cuttlebug folder 
in the top layer, making the strips a bit smaller I was
happier with the results.  I added the sentiment from 
Stamin' Up! with StazOn jet black ink.  All done! 
 I ended up with a 
five card set but that will work too.  
See picture 2 for the final results.


No comments: