Sunday, January 4, 2015

Live it Up Mojo Style

It's time for another Mojo Monday inspired project.  This one took a while to "gel".  I would start and then didn't like where things were headed.  Then, I would leave the project on my craft area for awhile and come back to it.  Though, it actually took 2 days to complete...I totally love it now.

The papers are from Recollections and Papertrey Ink.
The stamps are from Studio G, including the sentiment. I can't believe I have never used this sentiment before.  It is so cool.
I made the candy dots....that's right made them.  I can now have candy dots in any shade I want.  And it's all thanks to this post by The Frugal Crafter.  This was the finishing touch to this project and I am so glad I took a moment to do this.  It just took it to another level.
I used a LifeStyles Crafts dry embossing folder on the pink strip behind the star.  The star is cut out with a Papertrey Ink Die.  The stars are stamped using Ranger Distress inks and the sentiment with Staz On Black.  The Sentiment is stamped on a die by Sizzix.  The entire die was too large but I just cut the top and bottom off and ended up with the perfect cut-out for my sentiment.

I just love this card!  It's one of those cards you are glad you left out on your craft table to just look at.  It makes me happy!  

I am entering this in the Mojo Monday 387 challenge, in time this week, since I missed the cut off for last week by 20 minutes.  Argh...hate it when that happens.  If you didn't see my card for last week you can find it here.  

No comments: