Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mojo 378 Revisited

I absolutely loved the sketch from Mojo last week.  In fact, I had to use it again on this card.  The black striped banner is a piece of washi tape over cardstock and cut into a banner.  Then I took some Recollections dark Red cardstock and stamped a Technique Tuesday border on it with Staz On Black and made that into a banner.

On top of that I took Recollections white cardstock and painted over it with Ranger Adirondak's Cranberry ink, then stamped over it with a script stamp by Inkadinkado in Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.   I also used the Gathered Twigs to distress the outside of the area.  After misting with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist I also rubbed more of the cranberry ink on with some felt.  I then used a circle punch to punch out a semicircle from each end.  Finally, I added some twine on that layer.

The next layer I cut out a heart using my Cricut on some We R Memory Keepers Paper For the Record.  I left out the biggest heart so my glitter paper could show through.

I decided to leave out the sentiment this time.  I love this sketch and I can see many more "versions" of this.  This will be a sketch I come to again and often.  I hope you got a chance to try it out yourself.

I am also entering this in Color Throwdown 324.


4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

What a lovely card! The layout is fabulous and I adore the simple layering! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Samantha!!!
Just wanted to pop in quickly to thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!!!!
I had a look around on your blog and see that you also like playing the Mojo Monday game!!!! I'll be on the lookout for your cards there in future!!
Your cards are lovely!!
Have a great Friday!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card. Love that heart in the circle and the touch of color wash. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

Jodi Collins said...

SO pretty! I love your layout and the sparkly heart!!