Saturday, November 19, 2016

Cricuit Vinyl Project

On the fun side....you all the craftiness that brings a smile to my face.  I have joined several Facebook swap groups.  It has been a blast swapping away.  I have now tried my hand at pocket letters, both mini and full sized.  I have done a swap box full of goodies.  Oh my goodness, that was my last swap of the season and boy did I hit the mother lode.  My partner sent me such great stuff.  I will have to take a moment before the holidays to show you all the goodness.  It was a Christmas theme.  My partner nailed it.  She sent such great stuff.  I think I am going to make a Christmas mini scrapbook with it.  Oh and I did my first flip book for a Youtube channel challenge.  You can see my entry here.  That was a blast.  My son says I am now a Youtube star like him.  😄

So in the coming weeks, I will show you some projects I am working on while I am taking a break from the swaps for the holidays.  

Right here is my first one.  I typically don't do many vinyl projects with my Cricuit.  But at work, there is always at least 1 white elephant to bring a gift for.  So this is the gift I made for just such an occasion.  This particular project is a Pintrest find. I bought the image from   https://www.kerribradford.com/.  Her site is down right now but if you search her on Facebook you can message her for any requests and she will still send you the image you want.  I used some Cricuit brand red vinyl for this project.  I placed the sentiment on a 8x8 shadow box I got from Michaels.  These shadow box frames are really expensive.  These I only buy when they are on sale, or in the case of this particular one, I used the 40% off coupon.  Thank goodness for those coupons.  I added in also some pretty gray cardstock in the back and of course, the jingle bells.  One gift complete.

Now when am going to work on those Christmas cards?

Hope you enjoy my post and I will be back with an update on my weight loss journey another day.  



No comments: