Saturday, July 29, 2017

Congrats Easel Card

 Life has been a bit hectic, which for me means I have taken some time to create some cute cards and other projects, but not enough time to share with you.  So sorry about that!  But, I am hoping things are going to smooth on out giving me some time to share with all of you.  So now let's get to the Congrats card I made just a few days ago.

I decided to go with an easel card.  I was making a card to give to a co-worker who recently passed her LCSW licensing test.  So I knew it needed to be special because that is a big deal!

Easel cards are one of my favorite cards to make.  They are pretty simple to make but they give the recipient a way to showcase the card as well.  So, once that was decided, I just raided all my dies.
I started with the largest stitched die I had to make the base.  I then added a couple of more layers.  One in some Recollections patterned paper, followed by one in pink cardstock.  On the Pink cardstock I added a dandelion stamped using a Unity Stamp Co. in Stampin' Up's Melon Mambo.  Over this I added a Congrats in Cricut silver glittered cardstock.  This die is made by Papertrey ink.

For the bottom, to "hold" the easel card in it's open position, I added two cross stitched rectangles one in a deep pink and one in the light pink.  To this I die cut a deeper pink leaves and topped with a light pink butterfly.  Easy peasy but so cute!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #46 anything goes found here.

Crafty Creations Challenge #346 Anything Goes found here.

No comments: