Saturday, September 3, 2022

Use Your Scraps: Twine/String

 

You can save more than just paper scraps to use on another project. If you are new to cardmaking or papercrafts, you will find that most of us tend to do just that. Maybe even to a fault in some cases. For this project back in July, I had quite a bit of excess twine and string left over from another project. I really wanted to find a way to use that without having to waste it. Using a negative die cut was the answer in this case. I layered the string on strong double-sided tape. Then popping up the layer that I cut out a butterfly from, let all that string shine through. I kept the rest of the design simple to let this element be the focus. A simple sentiment, a little distressing with distress inks, a bit of contrasting cardstock...was all it needed. If you haven't given this a try I hope you will.


Please see the coordinating video which is < a minute here.


No comments: