Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Struggle

The two challenges I decided to combine, I thought...this should be pretty simple. But as I made my first attempt, I realized for me it was just not working.  I think my first mistake was to try to ink blend the three inks I chose.  I don't know why but when I try to ink blend more than two colors I just really don't like the result.  To make the matters worse the sentiment I chose which was already a pre-made sentiment when I laid it on the card was a different shade of white than the die cuts I had added.  That card got scrapped....


Finally, today after a couple of misses with some coloring on the die cuts I wanted to use things started to come together.  I decided to use distress oxide inks in Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, and Salty Ocean to color my stacked die cuts.  Salty Ocean was used also to color the sentiment that is stacked on two other white layers of the die-cut. 


To ground the die cuts I used the Fossilized Amber in the corners applying over a stencil.  I also added a sub-sentiment in Salty Ocean.  I feel like this has a Moroccan feel to it.  💕


I am entering this card in two challenges:

Color Throwdown Challenge: #656 found here.

&

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge: #499 found here.







4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty. I love the way you've arranged the colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Claire said...

Fab take on the sketch - I found it really difficult! The sentiment you've used is perfect - it creates balance between the two corners

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love this! Those colours and die cuts are just perfect! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a lovely and unique take on the Throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us this week!