Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Beautiful Challenge


 I am at it again with another couple of challenges.  I still haven't really dug into my Spellbinders card club kit from July, but once I saw the challenge from Color Hues I knew it would be a perfect fit.  The challenge #23 is to use yellow and pink.  The Spellbinders kit from July had loads of that.  Since I knew I wanted to tie some patterned paper I decided to enter into Craftyhazelnut's August Patterned Paper challenge.  See below for the links to both of these challenges. 

This card is a fun fold card.  I used the card base that came in the kit cutting it from the fold line to the bottom 1 1/4 of an inch from each side.  I then added a "bridge" across these cuts with another piece of patterned paper that I reinforced with a scrap of pink cardstock I had out on my desk.  When you open it, it feels as if you have two cards in one somehow.  I will add a video below showing how the card opens.  I give credit for this card to Dawn's Stamping Thoughts on YouTube.  You can see her video here showing how she made her card.









I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Color Hues, The Color Challenge:  #23 Yellow and Pink

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge:  August 2021

4 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is a beautiful card using pink and yellow! I love that it is a fun fold card! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Lindsey said...

Your fun fold card really is fun! Beautiful use of the colours. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

cm said...

WOW! A beautiful fun-fold card and I agree: pink and yellow are perfect for your first run with your new goodies! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol

Catie Cuddles said...

What fun fold. Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog. 😀
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT