Monday, August 9, 2021

Attempting an Unusual Challenge

 I am not going to lie when I read the challenge over on AAA Cards I was a bit stumped😅 on what to do. 


I have never heard of a challenge that wants you to cover only 2 quarters of your card.  Well, the first thing I did was take a card base and section it off into quarters.  I knew I wanted to include the optional twist of using my favorite color (RED) for sure but what to do?  It finally came to me that if I had a repeating die or object that covered two OPPOSITE quarters it would look as if it was cascading.  At least, that was the look I was going to go for.  I decided then on my layering triangle dies.  I took scraps from my scrap bin in different hues of red, cut them out, and layered them.  I needed something...so I added some gold cardstock inlayed into parts of the triangles.

The sentiment I knew I wanted to straddle to two sections.  A sentiment in the July Spellbinders Card Kit was perfect.  A sentiment like to my friend...is so generic you could use it for anything.  


But I did fudge just a bit😆...but for a good reason.  When I erased all my pencil lines I made a bit of a bigger smudge in one area.  I needed to cover that up.  So I added some 4mm half-backed red pearls.  So technically down in the right-hand corner, I did go a bit over into a 3 quarter of the card.  OOPS!  🤷‍♀️


I am entering this card into 2 card challenges:

AAA Cards Game 196- Two Quarters and Optional Twist Favorite Colors found here.

&

Creative Craft Challenge # 143 No Patterned Paper found here.

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wow, that red really pops ... such a fun design (and perfect *embellishment opportunity* recovery).

GerJanne said...

It's a lovely card! I love red on a card... Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment.

Jane said...

Definitely cascading and a fab way to use the two quarters. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

samanthadesigns said...

I appreciate all the lovely comments. Thanks so much!

Quillish said...

Wow.. that's so creative! Love your creativity and the bold red color too. Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards. Hugs ~ Ishani

Joy Dsouza said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
- Joy Dsouza