Sunday, July 19, 2015

Happy Birthday Mojo

As usual, I started my card out using this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch # 406.  It's a wonderful sketch.  I love using a sketch to start out my process to build a card.

I used several different elements to bring this together.  It wasn't quickly put together but I loved the process.

The card base is white Recollections card sized 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 squared.  I sponged some distress inks along the edges (Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw).  I added a layer of paper by Graphic 45's Time to Flourish 6 x 6 collection.  It is double sided so I just cut it down and flipped one side to the solid background.  Each panel measures 2 1/4 x 5 1/4.

The next layer is also from recollections Tattered and Worn collection in am mustard colored check.  I believe this measures 3 1/4 x 3 1/4.  

Next comes the tag which I popped up on foam squares.  This tag is part of my Pintrest inspired and I got the inspiration from this pin.  The tag is from Recollections and is white.  I used some distress inks on this as well in Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, and Gathered Twigs.  I then inked up a script stamp by Inkadinkado in Staz On brown to add the script at an angle.  

Next is that cute giraffe by Unity Stamps.  I sponged him as well with Mustard Seed and Scattered straw distress inks.  Then, I colored in his dots with a brown sharpie.  I fussy cut him out.  The original image comes with a heart shaped balloon attached, but I decided not to use that.

Instead, I used some twine that attaches my tag to the balloon.  That way the balloon can't fly away.  The balloon is a left over from project last week that I cut out using my Cricut.

Finally is a sentiment by Unity that is popped up on a scrap of the paper from Graphic 45.  It is stamped in the brown Staz On ink as well.

No comments: