Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tilted Design

For my Pintrest Inspired card I turned to my board with the pinned card sketches.  I knew I wanted to add a tilted panel.  I had this great die that cuts out the panels from Papertrey Ink for a while, but think I had only used it one other time.  So I wanted to dust it off and put it to use.

I found a card sketch I like from this pin.

I started out with a top folding card in kraft (Recollections) that measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.

I die cut the panel out of a 6x6 paper pad titled Birthday Wishes by Echo Park.

I then die cut a green label using my sizzix die out of green cardstock in my stash.  I embossed the sentiment also by Papertrey Ink in with white embossing powder.

The main image, a birthday cake is a digital stamp.  I can't remember the source.  I colored it with copics and die cut around it with a scalloped circle by quickcutz and cut out another scallop circle larger from a darker green cardstock.  This too was from my stash of leftovers.

I am entering this in the Male Room's: Spots and Stripes Challenge #15
and the Addicted to Stamps and More's: CAS #154 Challenge

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

Super CAS layout. Love the paper and the image is such fun. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry I'm so late commenting!! Deborah x