Friday, July 30, 2021

Ink Smooshing for the Win!

 I was working on a blog post.  I then hopped on over to my reading list since I haven't checked it out in ages.  Then...bam a super cute challenge going on over at Color Throwdown.  Next in line was another challenge, I was interested in over at Uniko Studio.  Finally, a great staple of an Anything Goes Challenge over on Crafty Creations Challenge.  I started thinking, how long has it been since I actually participated in some challenges?  Not since November of last year!  🤦


It was time to change that.  I am so glad I did because I created this beauty below.  A bit of ink smooshing with Distress Oxide inks in the colors of worn lipstick, twisted citron, spiced marmalade, and fossilized amber.  I then took the Unity Stamp Co.'s dogwood blossom and first stamped it in worn lipstick on top with twisted citron on the bottom.  I liked that but it did not really stand out like I wanted.  So I took my panel moved it slightly to the right and up.  Then I restamped the dogwood blossom again in Momento's tuxedo black ink.  


I struggled a bit with what I wanted to do with the sentiment.  It was then I spied a scrap of vellum out on my table.  I took out the latest July 2021 stamps I received with my Spellbinders Card Kit.  What I have loved the most about receiving a subscription service is that I am building the catalog of sentiment stamps I have.  On the vellum, I heat embossed just saying hello using versamark ink with Wow superfine primary ebony embossing powder.


I really love how this turned out.  For a bit of sparkle I also added some splats of gold watercolor paint.  Love how that catches the light.😃

I am entering this card into the following challenges:  Color Throwdown # 653.

Uniko Studio: Challenge #66 Flowers

Crafty Creations Challenge:  July 2021 Challenge Anything Goes

4 comments:

Jane said...

Your card is so pretty, great mix of colours. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Julie B said...

A lovely mix of colours to create your smooshed background.
Thanks for sharing at Uniko. :)

Broni said...

Beautifully done! I'm glad you decided to participate too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown challenge!

Beverley said...

LOVE this technique. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x