Monday, March 7, 2022

Gift Bag

 I can't believe I made this!  I watched a tutorial and with no problem at all resized it to fit what I needed.  I am shocked and amazed. 😮  Mixed Up Crafts on YouTube, if you have never watched her, is amazing.  She makes such great bags, cards, and gift boxes.  I am truly in all.  So when she put out this Pucci style bag, I thought I love that...but it is a bit bigger than what I needed.  I am always looking for other ways to hold some of my cards to give others.



What I love about this particular bag is that you can pretty much make the bag except for finishing the bottom, then lay it flat until you need it.  So you can make these ahead.  So fun!  Anyway, I hope you will check out my "take on this" by watching the video here.


Here are some of the specs for my version of the bag :

For the front and back panels that I cover with paper cut 2 pieces of cardstock that is 6 x 9 inches and score @ 3 inches on the 9-inch side. For the side panels cut two pieces of 8 x 5 inches of cardstock . On the five-inch side score at 1 inch and 4 inches, then at the 2 1/2 inch mark score down to about 4 inches. On the 8-inch side score at 2 inches. Back on the five-inch side score from the bottom of where you scored at 2/12 inches down to 4 to create an x to the bottom score line corners and the also the top corners. I hope that makes sense. Watch the video and or Mixed Up Crafts to see this in action. You'll need something to make your decorative element, I used a heart die, and then the handles which could be any shape you want.


No comments: