Sunday, January 16, 2022

Partial Die Cut Magic: Creating a Semi-Shaped Card




 I added a nice heart topper to today's card using partial die-cutting. I had some 4 x 4 card blanks made from another project but wanted something a bit "extra". So I used a heart layering die to cut out the top portion in the heart shape using the partial die cutting method. This cuts down the area you have to write on on the inside of the card but you still have plenty of room for a short note. I used some of my scraps from my scrap bin (part of my New Year's Resolution for 2022). So, glad I rummaged through that bucket instead of looking for a whole piece of cardstock. To finish off the card after layering the other pieces of card stock I added a couple of pieces of washi tape. Stamped the sentiment in Momento's Tuxedo Black ink. For extra sparkle, I added some holographic pink sequins. I have a couple of valentines I plan on sending these cards to. Who are you sending Valentine's to this year?


I have a short video as well if you want to check it out.



No comments: