Friday, August 5, 2022

Roll_a_card_challenge: Purple, jute, cupcake, and wood


 I didn't show the details of this challenge in the video (found here), but here they are: I had to use all the elements above. I first took the wood detail patterned paper and adhered that to a piece of Recollections white cardstock. I knew for the purple I wanted to add some simple ink smooshing. That meant that paper was not going to cut it. I added the cardstock for stability and I was hoping it did not warp so much. I worked! Once I had the "spilled" look thanks to my wilted violet distress oxide ink. I found a die set that I thought would work well. The die set came with a magazine that I now can't find. I do know the set was designed by Sam Calcott. If you have not been following her, you should. I will put her link to her YouTube channel down here.

Ok after I cut out all the elements I added a stamped sentiment to the circle die cut. I wanted to add the jute at the bottom so I created a track for it by building up 3 pieces of cardstock above and below it on the back. This makes this a very hefty card. I think I got carried away with the jute bow so this probably will be a hand-delivered card. The rose gold paper is also Recollections. I added a thin frame of this cardstock to the page before adding the decorated panel. I also die cut the word surprise 2 times from scrap cardstock before adding on the rose gold. It helped it stand out a bit more I think. Finally, sequins...got have that bling, right?

If you want to follow this challenge you can check it out on Instagram here.

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for August found here.

Creative Fingers Challenge # 236-Anything Goes found here.

Creatalicious Challenge # 240- Anything Goes with optional embossing (I opted out of this).  You can find this challenge here.


































1 comment:

Pop Lenuta Maria said...

Such a sweet card.
Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again.
Take care! Maria