Thursday, April 20, 2023

Making Card Sketches Your Own

 




I love card sketches. Whoever it was that had the first idea to share a sketch, just thank you. Between my Pinterest board for card sketches and the one for color combinations, I really don’t have to put a lot of effort in. That is an effort in coming up with an idea. But what is great about card sketches is that you can make them your own. A card sketch can be interpreted in so many ways. With different stamps, papers, and embellishments it becomes something uniquely yours. With the card sketches, I have been experimenting a bit more with color combinations that I don’t usually use. I did that on today’s handmade card. Again, if you like crafts, you may just want to try cardmaking. It is so much fun. I like it especially because I can’t draw so the fact of using a stamp to “draw” for me is so much fun. Then I get to play around with the colors, textures, patterns, etc. to then make a great card that I think a friend would love to receive. Sorry, I didn’t share here the technique of adding color to an embossed background. I will share that soon I promise. Hope you get some crafting in today. The video for these cards can be found here if you want to check it out.

No comments: